Domaine Santa Duc
- A reference-point estate in Gigondas, the Gras family has been pillars of this winemaking community for six generations.
- Starting in 1985, Santa Duc ascended to prominence under the watch of Yves Gras, who introduced organic farming and expanded its holdings to Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Rasteau.
- Yves’s son Benjamin took over in 2017 and received biodynamic certification in addition to building a new winemaking facility.
- Working exclusively with indigenous yeast, the wines are aged for 18 months in 36-hectoliter oak Stockinger foudres and 8-hectoliter terracotta amphorae.
- This estate integrates a thoughtful simplicity to the craft of winemaking that results in beautiful purity of expression in the elegant, focused, and polished wines.
Rising as a pillar of quality out of Gigondas’ soils is Domaine Santa Duc – an estate with a history that stretches back to 1874. Through six generations, the domaine’s caretakers have demonstrated a respect for the land. Santa Duc ascended to prominence starting in 1985 as a pioneer of organic viticulture in the region under the care of its indomitable vigneron, Yves Gras. In the 2017 vintage, Gras’ son Benjamin assumed the helm at Domaine Santa Duc, making his mark immediately by introducing biodynamic farming techniques and constructing a new winemaking facility on the property.
In his time at the head of the estate, Yves branched out to nearby Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Rasteau, creating wines of exceptional balance and quality. He seamlessly integrated fruit from each distinct soil type into harmonious cuvées representing the Southern Rhône Valley’s unique terroir.
The estate wines are Ecocert-certified organic and Demeter-certified biodynamic. Working exclusively with indigenous yeast, the wines are partially destemmed depending on vintage and parcel and aged for 18 months in 36-hectoliter oak Stockinger foudres and 8-hectoliter terracotta amphorae. This estate integrates a thoughtful simplicity to the craft of winemaking that results in beautiful purity of expression in the elegant, focused, and polished wines.
Martine’s Wines is the exclusive U.S. importer for Domaine Santa Duc.
Showing all 9 results