- Dominique Cornin founded his eponymous estate in 1993, and has since passed the reins on to his son, Romain, who studied winemaking in the U.S and New Zealand, as well as in the Mâcon.
- With holdings of 12.5 ha across multiple appellations, the estate celebrates the different terroirs of each individual site.
- Many of the plots have very old vines, some more than a century old.
- The estate has been certified organic since 2003 and currently practices biodynamic farming methods.
- These wines are a celebration of the Mâcon, highlighting the unique microclimates and soils. They show purity, finesse, and elegance.
The individual vineyards of this Estate represent the legacy of the Cornins' family history in the Mâconnais. Founded in 1993 by Dominique Cornin, his son, Romain now leads the estate. One of the youngest of a new generation of wine producers, Romain's knowledge is widely admired by his peers, having studied under his father, the Macon producer, Verget, and in the United States and New Zealand.
The domaine comprises 12,5 hectares over the villages of Chaintré, Fuissé, and Chanes. The individual vineyards of this Domaine are an apt reflection of the Cornin family. Les Chevrières is a one and a half hectares plot produced for the Hospices de Beaune and elevated to 1er Cru status in 2020. Clos Reyssié bears fruit from the same vines his great-great-grandfather set out in 1938. The centenarian parcel in Les Serreudières reaches even deeper into the Cornin's roots in Mâcon.
Certified organic in 2003, the Cornins use biodynamic farming methods, and their singular objective is to give each of their vineyards the best chance to express its terroir. The harvest is by hand, with fermentation in stainless steel tanks and the single-vineyard wines aged in used oak barrels and demi-muids. Intervention is kept to a minimum here, the grapes are guided from vine to bottle with gravity flow, and the wines are neither fined nor filtered.
The Cornin wines show purity and elegance while expressing their origins, which are the guiding principles of this estate.
Showing all 8 results