- The Garnier family has owned their vineyards in Chablis for decades, with brothers Xavier and Jérome the first generation to estate bottle their wines.
- The focus is on grapes grown in the northern part of the appellation. The estate is based in Ligny-le-Chatel and they also have vines in Maligny, Villy, and Lignorelles.
- Environmentally friendly and organic practices are adhered to, with an emphasis on tradition and sustainability. They will achieve organic certification in 2024.
- In the cellar, the wines see lengthy elevage and age in oak barrels, including some Stockinger Austrian oak, and stainless steel.
- Later harvest dates yield wines that have exceptional ripeness, freshness, and minerality, boasting a lush mouthfeel and texture as well as vibrant acidity.
Brothers Xavier and Jérôme Garnier share a passion for wine and the Chablis region, where their family has owned a 57-acre estate for many decades. While their father sold grapes to negoçiants, the brothers began making their own wine in 1996, selling it to restaurants in and around Paris. Garnier & Fils uses traditional, environmentally friendly, organic practices; they harvest later than most, ferment with natural yeast and age the wines in very large barrels. Improving every year, this exciting estate is already achieving greatness with its Chablis, which offers a delicate salinity that reflects the vineyard's unique soil profile. Their wines include a Chablis Village, which is a lovely entry-level bottle, as well as 1er Cru and Grand Cru. Jérôme works the vineyards, and Xavier makes the wines. Together, they are leading a group of newer producers finding their voice in the northernmost part of Chablis. They recognize it takes much more work to produce high-quality wines in such a cool region. They are also proving the extra effort is well worth it, as the soft-spoken brothers go above and beyond to create beautifully balanced wines, with amazing ripeness, freshness and minerality, boasting a lush mouth feel and texture, as well as a bright, textured acidity.
Showing all 7 results