- An estate with serious lineage behind its holdings, Domaine Morey-Coffinet was founded in the late 1970s by Michel and Fabienne Morey, who were succeeded by their son Thibault in 2009.
- With deep roots in the Côte de Beaune, Thibault is well-positioned to continue to take this estate to the next level.
- He has earned the respect of his peers through his thoughtful and detailed approach. In 2014, he began to pursue biodynamic viticulture, and in 2015 gained certification.
- In the cellar, care is taken during vinification and SO2 is kept to a minimum.
- This young winemaker has earned the nickname “the rising star of Chassagne-Montrachet” and leads the way for his generation of vignerons.
Morey-Coffinet was founded in the late 1970s by Michel Morey (son of the late Marc Morey) and his wife Fabienne (from the Pillot clan). Their son, Thibault, succeeded the couple, taking the helm of the estate in 2009. Thibault joined his father in a long lineage of winemakers in Chassagne-Montrachet with great gravitas in their family names such as Pillot, Morey, and Coffinet. He has earned the respect of his peers through his thoughtful and detailed approach. In 2014, he began to pursue biodynamic viticulture, and in 2015 gained certification.
With a stable foundation of 1er Crus from the southeast-facing hillside, the whites speak to the very essence of Chassagne, with fragrant aromas framed by powerful minerality. The reds capture the roasted, muscular aromas of Chassagne terroir and display silky texture and balance. “When the vines are properly cared for, you can take everything from the skin to the seed,” says Thibault, continuing, “it is a guarantee of complexity and stability in the wine, which will age all the better with moderate doses of SO2.” The oak regimen changes yearly to reflect the vintage, and the aromatics of the wines are expressive and vibrant, with lively tension and energy.
Thibault continues to push the quality of his domaine to a whole different level with his expressive, powerful, wonderfully hedonistic wines. Here in the Côte de Beaune, a transition, but not a revolution, is gently in progress.
Martine’s Wines is the exclusive U.S. importer for Domaine Morey-Coffinet.
Showing all 23 results