Domaine Albert de Conti
- Domaine Albert de Conti was established in 1963 in the village of Saint-Julien d’Eymet.
- For many years a part of Château Tour des Gendres, Albert’s grandchildren Guillaume and Paul de Conti, joined by the cellar master, Yann Lecoindre, have reestablished the stand-alone estate.
- All farming is organic and the team is implementing biodynamic and agroforestry methods to restore and strengthen the natural balance of the land.
- Innovation is at the forefront of this young estate, as the team wishes to highlight the Périgord IGP and grape varieties that are not part of the Bergerac AOP.
- Domaine Albert de Conti represents the bright future of this ancient region.
The story of Domaine Albert de Conti began in the 1920s when Vincenzo de Conti left Italy to start a new life in Southwestern France. In 1963, the youngest son, Albert, moved with his wife to the town of Saint-Julien d’Eymet. He planted several hectares of vines, and eventually, his son, Francis, took over the vineyard management, producing wines at the local cooperative. In 1990, Francis joined his cousin, Luc, to create Château Tour des Gendres.
The next generation is breathing new life into the family legacy. Having worked together for five years at Château Tour des Gendres, Francis’ children Guillaume and Paul de Conti, joined by the cellar master, Yann Lecoindre, re-established their family estate by assuming Francis’ 25 hectares of vineyards. In addition, they hold a five-hectare plot in Le Grand Caillou in the village of Sadillac. The clay, limestone, and silt soils have been farmed organically for many years. To further improve their wines, the team is implementing biodynamic and agroforestry methods to restore and strengthen the natural balance of the land. The estate will continue to offer great Bergerac appellation wines and will also highlight the Périgord IGP, crafting bottlings with more freedom of expression regarding the grape varietals, thus bringing further innovation to this ancient region.
Guillaume, Paul, and Yann plan to continue with their signature cuvées while introducing new wines. They are preparing for the future, and the evolution of this young estate steeped in history and pedigree will be exciting.
Martine’s Wines is the exclusive U.S. importer for Domaine Albert de Conti.